发表于 2021-6-22 21:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
BBICN 上海旗舰淘宝店
Review of Data - Star Trek First Contact
Sixth Scale Action Figure

EXO-6
Date Published: 2021-06-21
Written By: Michael Crawford

Introduction
Once upon a time, there was a company named Quantum Mechanix (they still exist, but it sounds more dramatic that way). They picked up the license for sixth scale Star Trek figures, and working for them was a man named Nanjin Tam. He is an ultimate Star Trek geek - he loves the series, the characters, and the universe of shows and movies like no one else. While working with Qmx, he helped produce their Kirk, Spock, Sulu, Scotty, McCoy, Khan, Kirk's Chair, and TNG Picard. And the world was far better off for it.

But things happened, as they often do. Qmx walked away from Trek, and there was much gnashing of teeth and wailing of voices, at least around my house. But the fire to produce Trek sixth scale figures was ignited and burning bright within Nanjin, and he ventured off to create his own company to follow his dream. It was a herculean effort, but he obtained the world wide license for sixth scale Trek, lined up all the manufacturing and distribution, and is the driving force behind his own new company - EXO-6.

The first figure up for pre-order was Data from First Contact. The initial pre-order was up in January. Yes, January of this year. Just six months ago. While I received an early figure for the review, you can expect the majority of the shipments to go out in the next few weeks. One of the aspects of the industry EXO-6 wants to address is the long period we often see between pre-order and shipment, and they are hoping to keep it under 9 months consistently.

They are also looking at addressing cost. Remember, this is a very small operation, not a large organization. And yet Data came in at just $190! The next figure to ship, by late summer/early fall, is the First Contact Picard, who is also retailing at $190. Next up will be the Captain's Series, with a new Kirk, and a Janeway, Sisko, and Archer! Nanjin has big plans, and after seeing what he's been able to do over the last 24 months, I'm fully confident in his ability to do it.

Before you go on, I'd like to point out I made a major goof, the sort of goof that when other people do it, it drives me absolutely crazy. After I'd shot about 80% of the photos, I realized that I'd been putting the phaser and tricorder holsters on incorrectly. If it was anyone other than Data, they'd be right, but Data - duh - is left handed. Actually, as an android he's probably ambidextrous, but Spiner is left handed, so he wore the holsters on the opposite hips from everyone else. I did fix my blunder before I was done, but as is often the case, I didn't like those photos as much as the others when it came time to edit. I do have one or two with the right position, and I did figure it out, but it was still a serious Star Trek geek infraction.

EDIT - interesting side note. When I first thought "hey, wasn't Data left handed?" while doing the review, I went back to the TNG episode when Tasha died, knowing it would be easy to find a scene where Data was wearing the phaser and tricorder. And yes, he was wearing them on the opposite side from the rest of the away team. However, I've heard that in the movie First Contact, he wore them as I have them in most of these photos. An interesting bit of trivia!

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 13.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 14.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 15.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 16.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 1.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 2.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 3.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 4.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 5.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 6.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 7.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 8.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 9.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 10.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 11.jpg

Review and photos of Star Trek First Contact Data sixth scale action figure - 12.jpg

评分

参与人数 1金钱 +2 现金 +2 贡献 +2 魅力 +2 收起 理由
ZIP + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 感谢分享!

查看全部评分

上一篇:W模玩·第二批小时代对印兵人M023,点名批评FS
下一篇:Hottoys HT 1/6 复联4终局之战小辣椒合金救援装甲MK49 快货拆盒测评
发表于 2021-6-22 22:37 | 显示全部楼层
有点惊悚!
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2021-6-23 00:06 | 显示全部楼层
數據!
這品牌在國內好像沒甚麼存在感,只做外銷嗎?
我要说一句 收起回复
WORLD BOX
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|bbs.bbicn.com ( 粤ICP备20066041号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 09:07 , Processed in 0.216535 second(s), 33 queries .